Monday, October 6, 2008

Life is Short

I had a long conversation with my mother last night. We normally talk about things like..the grandchildren, brother and sister stuff, family, church, community, jobs, career, finances, vacations....all the normal stuff.

But the conversation quickly changed to my cousin. She hasn't been feeling well the past few months and she went to see her doctor. The tests recently came back that she has cancer in her liver. They can't operate. They can't cure it. They sent her home and brought in a stay at home nurse to take care of her.

I'm familiar with liver cancer. My Grandmother died of it. She lived exactly ONE week after being diagnosed with it. Liver cancer moves fast...and I know my cousin will be gone soon.

Sorry if this seems like a down and out posting on my blog. But sometimes we all need a reality check.

Life is short. One day we are here, and the next day our Father calls us home. We know neither the time or place.

People are not going to remember whether or not you made billions of $$$ in your life time. They are not going to remember whether or not you worked for Target Corporation and worked a 90 hour a week job.

BUT........

They will remember the time you spent with them. They will remember the special phone calls, the walks, the talks, the trips, the memories of being TOGETHER.

My business means nothing to me. My Family means EVERYTHING.....and that is why I work my home-based business. Because my family is my "Why". Everyday when I get up...I don't think about how many people could benefit from my product or opportunity. No...instead..I think about how my family is benefiting from Mom and Dad staying at home...being together. How I am investing in myself and my family rather for someone else and their pocket book.

Why? Because I know that eventually someday....my time will come. And when it comes..I want to make sure that I have lived my life to its fullest. I especially want to make sure that I have spent that time wisely...and not foolishly.

Have you written out your why? If so....great. If not....WHY not? Check out my next posting...."My Why"

Life is short.........start living it!

No comments: