Monday, August 18, 2008

Developing your "Why"

In every business I've been a part of it became essential to my development and success to learn my "why" in doing the business. In essence, what drives you? What motivates you? What gets you out of the bed in the morning and starts your day? What makes you want to put in those extra hours, and extra phone calls to spell success? In short, WHY DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS BUSINESS?

It became absolutely vital to my personal business success that I develop and write out my why statement. After I wrote my "why statement" I printed it out and put it somewhere where I could see it every day.

And here is what happened.............

Tuesday, at 6:25 p.m. my little nephew Jack was born into the world. He was born weigh 7 Lbs 11 ounces.

If that wasn't enough.................

We learned later that Jack nearly died in childbirth. My sister-in-law had a hard time pushing and Jack wasn't coming out. He was delivering face up and his heart rate was dropping fast. The Dr's scrambled fast and inserted a vacuum device into the womb and literally sucked baby Jack out. Jack and his mother are both alive and well.

The moral of the whole story............

Life is short. One day we are here, the next we are gone. Everyday we take precious time for granted. Having control over my financial destiny is important to me. However, no amount of $$ will EVER take the place of my two boys and wife. I am blessed to have a family around me. I am equally blessed to have an amazing team working with me. I don't know what your "why" is....but I hope that is has something to do with having the freedom to create more time for yourself...so that you can spend it with the most precious commodity we have on this Earth........"People". Especially the ones we love. I encourage you to develop and write out your "why statement". Print it out and keep it visible where you can read it every single day.

No comments: