Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 2: Focus


Day number two with the 90 day plan can be summarized in the following manner: FOCUS!
We live in a day in age where constant distractions can totally knock us off course, off goal, and change our focus point. You might have your eyes on the prize, but along comes a shiny object that takes your eyes away from the prize!
This sums up my day. I had a plan to make 125 calls today and only was able to squeeze 32 calls in today. I had some good reasons....but I also had some bad reasons.
1. Had to take kids to school (good reason)
2. Had to take dog to the vet (good reason)
3. Had to have lunch with sister-in-law (good reason)
4. Had to take a nap. (bad reason)
5. Had to catch up on some NFL news online (bad reason)
6. Had to meet with one of my team members on sponsoring (good reason)
7. Had to meet with another on of my team members on sponsoring (good reason)
8. Had to eat supper with family (good reason)
9. Had to meet with team at team meeting (good reason)
10. Had to deal with telemarketing calls (bad reason)
11. Had to deal with some bills and focus on our debt (bad reason)
12. Had to spend time e-mailing and face booking (bad reason)
The truth of the matter is that FOCUS is exactly what we need to succeed in what we are doing. This is a marathon NOT a sprint.....and to get distracted this early in the race is detrimental to your financial health and freedom.
Here were the results of my 32 calls.
16 voice mails left
2 wrong numbers
8 disconnects
5 not interested
1 interested
Guess what? The numbers are still holding true. Because if I get one person interested out of every 30 people I call....I'm right around 3% once I make at least 100 calls!!
"Keep your focus!"

No comments: