Sunday, January 4, 2009

90 Day Calling Bootcamp

I know that I have mentioned this in a previous blog entry, but I had heard the story of "Jett" in the multi-level marketing company (Mannatech). He was (is?) the top distributor for the company and I felt his story was so compelling on "how to make it happen" in the world of marketing.

He literally called 10,000 leads in 90 days. Now....that might seem crazy (and it is) but the whole concept was to create "massive action" to get "massive results" and that's exactly what he got!

You talk about taking the bull by the throat! He totally set his business up "for life" by creating the action up front and at the beginning.

So...........................

I have decided to go on a little journey over the course of the next 90 days. I figure we are in a new year and what way to bring in the new year for the business with a little calling? How about 9,000 leads over the course of those days? Yep, you got it figured out right....that would be about 125 calls a day (Monday through Saturday...at about 3,000 leads averaged in one month).

I figured its time to put the calling and numbers to the test.....and hey!!! Why not blog about it? So, over the next 90 days I will be blogging about my calling journey and hope for you to follow along.

I have been in sales now for about 18 years and have some bold predictions on my quest for sanity.

#1 I will be rejected. ......Alot actually...do the math!
#2 I will have alot of interesting conversations with people I really don't know.
#3 I will be very busy making phone calls.
#4 I will get very good at making phone calls because THAT'S ALOT OF REPETITION BABY!
#5 That the numbers will win. They always do....and my prediction is a 3% return into the business.
#6 The 3% return on my investment will help me recover quickly from the rejection. :)

So, with that being said.......tomorrow (January 5th) is our calling launch date.

5,4,3,2,1............................BLAST OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you get a chance to ride along....its going to get very, very interesting!

No comments: